SFDF is a devolved division of the Food and Drink Federation (FDF). It consists of a team of permanent officials, an Executive Committee made up of senior industry representatives, a Members' Forum and a Suppliers' Forum.
SFDF has elected officers who work together to advise and support SFDF on
a broad range of issues and activities, at both a strategic and tactical level.
The committee consists of the SFDF Chair, two Vice-Chairs and representatives
full members. They are elected by the wider membership.
Chair of SFDF: Archie Gibson, Agrico UK Ltd.
Vice Chair of SFDF: John MacLean, Coca-Cola Great Britain
SFDF positions are developed and agreed following industry-wide consultation.
Therefore, the purpose of the Members' Forum is to ensure members:
- are given the opportunity to have direct input to discussions on key issues
affecting the industry
- are briefed on developments affecting how they conduct their business
- receive topical presentations from keynote speakers.
Given that SFDF is a devolved division of the Food and Drink Federation (FDF),
it enables industry members in Scotland to have direct input to the
formulation and promotion of industry policy not only in Scotland but in the
wider UK and EU contexts too. It also assists in promoting a consistent
approach to legislation. See: How FDF works.
The Suppliers' Forum creates opportunities to gain a unique business insight
into the retail, foodservice and wholesale markets. It is also aimed at:
- building a platform from which to raise the industry's profile with the retail,
food service and wholesale sectors
- creating an opportunity for constructive dialogue between suppliers and their
customers in the retail, food service and wholesale sectors
- providing companies with a commercial opportunity to potentially develop
business with senior trading directors.
SFDF Director, Dr Colette Backwell, chairs the SFDF Suppliers' Forum.